When it comes to declaring your fanboy status with novelty designs and injecting a sense of excitement into your on and off-duty ensembles, choosing the perfect socks to tie your looks together is a man’s game. From adding attitude and personality to your outfits to finding what size socks to buy for a sleek look, our socks guide will unweave everything you need to know to help you make a fashion-forward statement.
Find the right theme and sock design to suit your aesthetic
Finding more holes than threads in your top drawer essentials? Or, tired of classic (and dull) black and white socks? Put a sock in it and step out of your style rut with graphic socks printed in the style of your favourite pop culture characters. Finished in a bright array of colourways, novelty socks add a pop of colour to your looks, whether you wear them pulled up to your shins, prefer an edgy reveal when the hem of your pants lifts or want something to tease your partner with a foot fetish.
Whether you want to hang out with Spongebob, battle it out with Street Fighter or get weird with Rick and Morty, Swag is the best place to buy socks that are equal parts playful and unique while matching your interests.
Looking to breathe new life into your wardrobe staples? Our sock guide lists the elements to consider when pairing graphic socks with your ensembles.
- Casual looks — Whether you want to match the character of your socks to your tee or make your socks the highlight of a subdued colour-blocked outfit, this is your opportunity to go all out and wear your wackiest designs.
- Office wear — Choose a simplistic print of repeated logos and patterns that are in keeping with your workplace’s dress code while staying true to your aesthetic.
- Evening wear — If you want to establish yourself as a man with his own style, have fun experimenting by matching socks to your dress pants with complementary colours for a streamlined silhouette or opt for contrasting shades for a bright pop of colour. For a look that touches on the formal tone of an event while maintaining your sense of style, choose a two-toned sock that’s whimsical without overwhelming your outfit.
Match the type of sock to your activity
It’s not just about finding the best place to buy socks — pairing your socks to your activity will give you comfortable wear so you can get the most out of your day and lifestyle.
- Crew socks — Considered everyday socks that stretch up to your mid-calf.
- Active socks — Often woven from moisture-wicking fabrics with a wide weave to increase ventilation and breathability to support your athletic performance.
- Low-cut socks — Designed to protect your feet from friction and cover your ankle or show a hint of your sock above your shoe’s collar when wearing loafers and other low-profile silhouettes.
- No-show socks — Helping you avoid rubbing your feet along the insoles of your shoe while maintaining sleek and carefree seamless wear.
Discover why your sock’s fabrication matters
Knowing what size socks to buy definitely matters — but your feet are home to 250,000 sweat glands, so the choice of your sock’s fabric is an equally important consideration, as you want a pair that’ll give you comfort and support. Whether you’re constantly on the go, having a busy day at work or enjoying a day out with your mates that stretches into the night, selecting the right design makes a huge difference in finding a pair that you can wear from one season to the next.
At Swag, we’ve woven our socks from a blend of cotton, nylon and elastane to combine comfort and durability. Aside from its plush, soft-to-the-touch feel, cotton offers lightweight wear with exceptional breathability and moisture-wicking properties to help regulate your body temperature.
Its inclusion of nylon and elastin ensures a durable construction to prevent fading, protect its fibres from fraying and help keep your socks in place whether you wear them pulled to your shins or rolled to your ankle.
While textiles like wool and bamboo are superb for preventing odour and their natural hypoallergenic properties, they are easy to shrink in the washer and dryer, making them challenging to maintain.
What size socks to buy
For perfect and easy wear, knowing what size socks to buy will make all the difference in helping you step out each day without finding your socks are too tight and constricting around your toes and shins or too loose where the cuff shimmies to your ankle and conceals the graphic print.
Typically, socks are available in two size bands to accommodate smaller and larger shoe sizes. Swag does things differently with a one-size-fits-all construction so everyone can tap into their whimsical designs.